Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Embellishing denim patches

This post is part of a To Do Challenge by Karen of Listen to the Birds Sing.

I made some progess on my denim patches. If the holey jeans are rather dull (regular, without prints, etc.) I like to add some interest to the patches. For my boys' jeans I like to add some ants (because I like them and because they are a decorative stitch on my sewing machine... easy peasy...)



To jazz up the jeans a bit more, I added an ant to the other leg as well. Makes it look like it has always been this way :o)


There are surely tons of other ways to brighten up your patches... Glue on some paste or strass, hand stitch some cool stuff, add a small iron-on application, etc. Surely there are other charming stitches on your sewing machine for girls that you may have never used :o)

Give it a try and leave a link to your photo below.
I would love to see what you come up with !

Happy Sewing Patching!
Christine

3 comments:

  1. Those ants are so cute, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these great ideas Christine.

    And eek those ants are cute! what a fab stitch xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Leanne and Liz!
    My ants were second choice... my eldest asked for sharks :o/
    But - alas - my sewing machine does not offer sharks :o)

    Happy Sewing!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. You make my day :o)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...